[c-nsp] This Version of Cisco IOS Software is not supportedonNPE300

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Jun 23 02:44:34 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 12:28:05AM +0200, Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:
> > The only reason to upgrade is that 12.2 IOS has some bugs that
> > were fixed in 12.3.
>
> Since 12.3(19), for example, is from 15may06, that software
> isn't likely to be supported on a platform for which EoSM was
> 30jun05.

Am I the only one that finds it fairly unacceptable to stop support
for a given platform right in the middle of a GD train?

What are people supposed to do that have bought 12.3(early) in good faith,
and are now running into a bug that is only fixed in 12.3(after EoSM)?

Removing support for the next major train, like "12.3 -> 12.3T/12.4"
is far less likely to suddenly bite people that just want bugfixes (no
new features).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de