[c-nsp] This Version of Cisco IOS Software is not supportedonNPE300

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Thu Jun 22 18:28:05 EDT 2006

>> This is just cisco's way of reminding you "time to buy some
>> more hardware...like a shiney new NPE400 or better).

> Why should we do that if the NPE-300 is doing the job just
> fine.

You should do that because the AS5800 reached End of Software
Maintenance 30jun05. (See http://tinyurl.com/fssxa)

> The only reason to upgrade is that 12.2 IOS has some bugs that
> were fixed in 12.3.

Since 12.3(19), for example, is from 15may06, that software
isn't likely to be supported on a platform for which EoSM was
30jun05.

The product bulletins should be more clear about this, IMO.
Some of them actually state the last versions, which is a Good
Thing(TM).

-A