[c-nsp] This Version of Cisco IOS Software isnot supportedonNPE300

Buhrmaster, Gary gtb at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 23 10:55:50 EDT 2006

> Since GD trains are supposed to be bugfixes only, what is the
> point of
> discontinuing releases for any hardware?

Well, in at least one case I am not happy with, the claim
was that a bugfix for one hardware bug broke support for
a previous (near end of support) processor.  A choice was
made that fixing the newer processor (still fully supported)
was more important than ending support early for the previous
processor (yes, I had the older processor which no longer
could get bugfixes in the GD train).