[c-nsp] This Version of Cisco IOS Softwareisnot supportedonNPE300

Tim Franklin tim at colt.net
Fri Jun 23 12:02:58 EDT 2006

> Well, in at least one case I am not happy with, the claim
> was that a bugfix for one hardware bug broke support for
> a previous (near end of support) processor.  A choice was
> made that fixing the newer processor (still fully supported)
> was more important than ending support early for the previous
> processor (yes, I had the older processor which no longer
> could get bugfixes in the GD train).

To be honest, EoL screws me over more often at the EoS point, in terms of
"no, you can't buy any more X", especially when the X I was using has caught
fire.  Oh, and V2/V3/Vn WIC upgrades that require a jump of a train or two
(and all the attendent regression testing) from where I was in order to get
them working.  Upgrading IOS when nothing is broken (or at least, nothing
that affects you) hurts, especially when there's nothing on the revised card
that especially benefits its current use :(

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Product Engineering Manager  w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Managed Data Services        t: +44 20 7863 5714
Data | Voice | Managed Services             f: +44 20 7863 5876