[c-nsp] tag-switching mtu question

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Fri Jun 23 11:29:21 EDT 2006

Gert, I'm going to post a summary of this soon, but essentially
:

> If I understand this correctly, it means that in 12.2(28)SB I would
> be able to configure "mtu 1530" on a PA-FE-TX, and have that MTU be
> working for MPLS and IP?   Or will "ip mtu" automagically stay at 1500?

Yes, I believe what you describe here will be the case.
"mpls mtu" will go away and be replaced by a generic "mtu" command
which will allow mtu for any application to be configured.

Stay tuned, I've been having a long offline conversation with Rodney and
other cisco folks about this and will attempt to summarise the situation.

Thanks,

Dave.