[c-nsp] L7-filter, mastershaper, ipp2p

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Mon Jun 26 20:27:30 EDT 2006

'[c-nsp] Cisco nbar - How to detect media streamings', I have revamped my
build document for an open source based solution to packet identification
and processing.

The front end uses MasterShaper
(http://www.mastershaper.org/tiki-index.php).  The back end relies mostly on
l7-filter (http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/).  By association, the open
source packages iptables, tc, and iproute2 are used.

Protocols that are filterable are shown at:
  http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/protocols
  http://www.ipp2p.org/docu_en.html

I think the hardest bit is pulling together the set of tricks necessary to
integrate this whole thing.  As such, I have a build document at:

http://www.oneunified.net/services/shaper/index.html

I havn't done the operations document yet, but I think what I have will give
interested people a good start.  The build document should be pretty easy to
follow.  I think I've forgotten one or two steps where one has to exit the
ftp client before moving on to the next step, or cd'ing into a directory to
perform an operation, but at least the meat is there.

If there are corrections or comments, please let me know.

If someone has comments regarding getting the thing attached into the
network, please let me know.

Ray.

--
Scanned for viruses and dangerous content at
http://www.oneunified.net and is believed to be clean.