[c-nsp] Strange GEIP+ Error on 7507

Carlos Sean Kamtha kamtha at ak-labs.net
Sat Jun 24 15:07:48 EDT 2006

I recently upgraded my 7507 with 2 GEIP+ line cards. 1 seems to be behaving
OK but the 2nd however appears to have issues.

%VIP4-80 RM7000-3-MSG: slot6 VIP-3-PROCMEM_ECC_SINGLEBIT_ERROR: Processor memory ECC single-bit exception addr = 40038000 data = 00B00000

I have since did some digging and talked to cisco and all points to an issue with the card, so
now I have a new GEIP+ inserted, but I still have the same problem.

I'm thinking now that this could be a software bug Version 12.4(8) but I'm not seeing
any evidence of that @ cisco.

Has anyone come across this before?

Carlos.