[c-nsp] 12.2(33)SRA is finally out!

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Wed Jun 28 02:06:21 EDT 2006

On (2006-06-27 08:37 -0700), Brandon Bennett wrote:

> They only now have started to release seperate code for the 7600 vs
> the 6500.  Before the code was exactly the same as with the hardware.
>
> You'll see more SP stuff on the 7600 and more Enterprise data center
> stuff on the 6500

Rather I think you'll see two trains, which both will run in
both chassi.
Reasons for the split, from my point of view are not marketing
reason to differentiate the chassi, but probably more about
fundamental changes to the architecture, and doing that
in parallel in new software and adding features
to old software in somewhat older architecture.

I may be missing something here.

--
  ++ytti