[c-nsp] Bridging 802.1q VLANs

Richard J. Sears rsears at adnc.com
Thu Jun 29 22:53:54 EDT 2006

I am moving from one office to another and I would like to do it as
seamlessly as possible.  I'm looking for a way to bridge 802.1q VLAN's
across a WAN link so that I don't have to move entire VLAN's at once. At
the current office I've got a NetGear switch (which supports 802.1q) as
a core switch and at the new office I've got a Cisco 3560 as a core
switch.  The PTP connection between the two offices will be 7 T1's
terminated at both ends by a single 7204 NPE200 with a PA-MC-8T1. We
can't afford to put in a GigE connection between the two offices or this
would be really easy via VTP.  From what I've read it looks like there
may be a way to do this via VRF or SDE. Has anyone else done something
similar?

Richard J. Sears
CCNP/CCDP/F5SE
Vice President & CTO
American Internet Services
rsears at americanis.net
http://www.americanis.net
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax
INOC-DBA - 6130

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."