[c-nsp] Sup720 + EoMPLS type interworking

Tim Winders twinders at southplainscollege.edu
Fri Mar 3 18:28:48 EST 2006

I haven't paid attention to MPLS technology as I didn't believe it would
affect me, however, looking at this scenario, I may be wrong.

Can one run a private MPLS network?  Specifically, I have this situation:

Sup720 -> GigE over Telco network -> Sup720

The carrier's equipment does not allow me to natively trunk between the
networks, so I am routing.  Could I run MPLS between the two sites and
pass my dot1Q vlans across the network?

--

Tim Winders
Associate Dean of Information Technology