[c-nsp] Sup720 + EoMPLS type interworking

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Sat Mar 4 16:42:33 EST 2006

So then:

interface GigabitEthernet3/5
  mtu 9216
  switchport
  switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 11

interface Vlan11
  mtu 9192
  ip address a.b.c.d 255.255.255.254
  mls netflow sampling

is precisely the same as:

interface GigabitEthernet3/5.11
  encapsulation dot1Q 11
  mtu 9192
  ip address a.b.c.d 255.255.255.254
  mls netflow sampling

With the caveat that vlan11 (which is not an SVI, i am guessing) cannot be
presenting on any other physical port?

Can you even do a "int vl11" in addition to the subint?

Will the traffic on 3/5.11 show up on any other trunk port in the switch?

--
Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex at nac.net, latency, Al Reuben
Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net