[c-nsp] GSR ge-gbic-sc-b traffic limit?

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Mon Mar 6 23:41:26 EST 2006

Kevin Scheunemann wrote:
> My guess is bit-bucketed, because I'm not seeing any drops just high
> latency, 700ms to 800ms

I'd be surprised to learn how a GSR card could jump to that kind of
latency without dropping massive amounts of packets.  What gear is
connecting to this GSR?

>> Does anyone know if cisco has a doc stating what interfaces are what
>> engine type?

http://cisco.cluepon.net/index.php/Cisco_GSR

Anything OC12 or below MIGHT be Engine 0 (i.e. 6DS3, 12DS3, 4OC3, OC12).
Anything >OC12 <=OC48 MIGHT be Engine 1 (i.e. 8FE, old 4OC12, old OC48).
Anything <=OC48 is PROBABLY Engine 2 (i.e. 4OC12, OC48).

And as someone else mentioned, 'sh diag | i L3' is your friend here, at
least for cards you have in hand.

pt