[c-nsp] GSR ge-gbic-sc-b traffic limit?

David Barak thegameiam at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 00:39:29 EST 2006

--- Pete Templin <petelists at templin.org> wrote:

> Kevin Scheunemann wrote:
> > My guess is bit-bucketed, because I'm not seeing
> any drops just high
> > latency, 700ms to 800ms
>
> I'd be surprised to learn how a GSR card could jump
> to that kind of
> latency without dropping massive amounts of packets.
>  What gear is
> connecting to this GSR?

I remember a few years ago on the 12DS3 engine-0
cards, if a port was subrated using DSU bandwidth, and
was either being attacked or otherwise oversubscribed,
the whole card's buffers would get eaten up.

The best command to diagnose it in slot X was

exec X show controller frfab queue

We'd generally notice it because some non-attacked
customer would be suffering.  The solutions we were
given were cludgy, but WRED helped tremendously.

HTH

-David

David Barak
Need Geek Rock?  Try The Franchise: