[c-nsp] Ignoring BGP routes whose origin is own AS

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Mar 7 04:19:00 EST 2006

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 11:33:56PM -0800, Rick Kunkel wrote:
> Thanks very much.  As far as I could tell, the mystery was starting to lie
> in why it worked before.  And I had no such command in there then...

Maybe your old provider announced a default route to you - which would
have caught the traffic, and sent it out to the ISP.

> One other question...  Do most other people use the allowas-in command, or
> do they simply rely on the fact that they've got a more reliable NOC-NOC
> set of connections?

"Depends" :) - we're making sure that our network will not become
participated.  If everything breaks, there's a "tunnel of last resort"
connecting two of the ISP uplink interfaces together, so there always
is a "virtual internal link".

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de