[c-nsp] problem with newly installed vip and pa-fe-tx on 7507

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Wed Mar 8 10:53:45 EST 2006

Scott Granados wrote:

> sh diag
> Slot 0:
> 	VIP4-50 RM5271 controller, HW rev 2.01, board revision A0
> 	Controller Memory Size: 64 MBytes CPU SDRAM, 64 MBytes Packet
> SDRAM

good.

> Slot 1:
> 	WCS Parity Error, Internal Instruction Error, Microcode Status
> 0x5
> 	Board is disabled analyzed wedged
> 	VIP Controller Memory Size: Unknown

bad.  I don't think VIP2s do parity RAM, so it could be faulty RAM.
You'll need to physically inspect the unit to un-disable and un-wedge
it.  I've seen VIPs report Unknown memory size early after boot, but if
it's still showing that after a wedge then I think you're down to faulty
or missing RAM.

pt