[c-nsp] Q for SNMP experts

Netfortius netfortius at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 16:21:36 EST 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 08:40, Steven Lamb wrote:
> I have read some things about SNMP that implies that you can use it for the
> purpose of configuration. what I would like to accomplish is a website that
> will allow me to create an interface and pvc on my router simply by filling
> in a web form. Have you ever seen something like that or is it at all
> possible to configure the router on that level from SNMP.
>
> Steven Lamb

... good "old" memories - one thing I hated about Bay was the configuration
via SNMP (Site Manager - for those who remember those days) ;)

Having said that, and not to deviate from the $subj, I do not see why not be
able to use "set" commands, via SNMP, to change whatever parameters you need.
Have not done it in Cisco, but have done tons of TCL/Expect script
w/"embedded" SNMP set commands for Bay/Nortel, so it looks like a valid
option, as far as protocol approach.

Stefan