[c-nsp] PPP Multilink, inverse of dialer load-threshold for T1 interfaces

rcheung at rochester.rr.com rcheung at rochester.rr.com
Fri Mar 10 13:03:05 EST 2006

Hi, I have a bit of an unusual question. We have a PPP Multilink
bundle consisting of 6 T1s, comprising interface Multilink1. Two of
them have a second set of PVCs to another
location, mapped to interface Multilink2. At times, the load from these
two PVCs can affect traffic on Multilink1.

Is there a way to configure PPP multilink to switch traffic between link
members based on the proportion of current traffic existing on the
links? So if there's high traffic on
Multilink2, to have more traffic distributed among the 4 other T1s in
Multilink1 that are not shared?

PPP BAP appears to be only for dial/isdn interfaces... not sure if
there's an equivalent of a T1. I guess I'm looking for the inverse of
the dialer load-threshold for T1 interfaces.

Thanks,
Rick