[c-nsp] Radius or Tacacs+ for AAA

Lawrence Wong lawrencewong72 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 12 21:33:06 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of implementing user based AAA
access to my Cisco switches and routers.

In particular I would like to be able to control the
commands/configuration that various users/groups can
perform as well as recording the activities. Ability
to work with token systems (RSA, etc) would be a
bonus.

My backend authentication server will be running off
Linux. Would RADIUS or TACACS+ be a better option?
Anyone has experience to share?

TIA!