[c-nsp] VOIP/QOS

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Mon Mar 13 13:19:12 EST 2006

Paul--

You're close.  You match the traffic in the class-map which is correct.

The Policy map you need to setup your bandwidth allocations.

Policy-map SIP
 Class VoIP
   Priority 480 (setup 480k FIFO)
 Class class-default
   Fair-queue

This will put the SIP traffic FIFO and everything else will queue after
it.

I see the description says WAN but it's a FE interface.  Which are you
trying to do?

For my local LAN I setup a Cos for layer two

Policy WAN2LAN
 Class VoIP
   Set cos 5

Then you can use your switches to prioritize at layer two based on cos.

Hope that helps.

Scott