[c-nsp] sup32-GE-3B question

Michael Estridge MEstridg at comair.com
Mon Mar 13 13:30:00 EST 2006

We have a 6509 with the SUP32-GE-3B and the Gig RJ-45 is able to be used without an SFP module.

Mike Estridge

>>> "Shaikh, Nasir" <Nasir.Shaikh at atosorigin.com> 03/13/06 12:42 PM >>>
Hi all,

I just received a couple of sup32-GE-3B for my 6503s. I had ordered them for the 8xGE with SFPs and thought there would be just 8 Gigabit uplinks. But i see that there is also a separate Gigabit RJ-45 port which shows up as port G1/9.

Am I to understand that the sup32-GE-3B provides 9 x Gigabit uplinks? Or is the RJ-45 uplink internally linked with one of the SFP ports.

I couldn't find any conclusive documentation on CCO.

tia

Nasir Shaikh
CCIE #15845