[c-nsp] voice VLAN port config on 6509

Nassess, George George.Nassess at gmacrfc.com
Tue Mar 14 17:25:25 EST 2006

Hello List,

I will be deploying some IP phones for the first time for users on
6509/6513 platform. Although it's not our preferred config and we don't
advertise it, we want to be able to support PCs connected behind IP
phones, while maintaining proper QOS. I have configured these on IOS
switches without any problems, but I am not sure how to make it work on
a set-based device.

On a 3550 here is how I have ports configured:
interface FastEthernet0/x
 description access port
 switchport access vlan 240
 switchport mode dynamic desirable
 switchport voice vlan 245
 mls qos trust cos
 auto qos voip trust
 dot1x timeout tx-period 10
 wrr-queue bandwidth 20 1 80 1
 wrr-queue min-reserve 1 5
 wrr-queue min-reserve 2 6
 wrr-queue min-reserve 3 7
 wrr-queue min-reserve 4 8
 wrr-queue cos-map 1 0 1 2 4
 wrr-queue cos-map 3 3 6 7
 wrr-queue cos-map 4 5
 priority-queue out
 spanning-tree portfast

How do I make at least most of this work on WS-X6548-RJ-2 blade ports in
a 6509 or 6513 (Sup32)

George "Gus" Nasses
Network Analyst