[c-nsp] voice VLAN port config on 6509

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists Lists at Hojmark.ORG
Tue Mar 14 17:50:57 EST 2006

> I will be deploying some IP phones for the first time for users
> on 6509/6513 platform. Although it's not our preferred config
> and we don't advertise it, we want to be able to support PCs
> connected behind IP phones, while maintaining proper QOS. I
> have configured these on IOS switches without any problems, but
> I am not sure how to make it work on a set-based device.
>
> On a 3550 here is how I have ports configured:
> interface FastEthernet0/x
>  description access port
>  switchport access vlan 240
>  switchport mode dynamic desirable
>  switchport voice vlan 245

Why 'dynamic'?

Generally, 'switch mode access' is the recommended setting for
access ports. Anyway, a typical data+voice port on CatOS will be:

 set port name access port
 set vlan <data-vlan> <port>
 set port host <port>
 set port aux <port> <voice-vlan>