[c-nsp] FWSM vs. stand alone FW

Henry Anslinger fortmreza at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 14 19:11:04 EST 2006

yep, we will doing ATM WAN interfaces, spliting 6 customers traffic up. PIX management is crap, so I am not looking forward to the config nor the maintenance.

thanks
Ivan

"Voll, Scott" <Scott.Voll at wesd.org> wrote: On the Cat you need the following commands

firewall multiple-vlan-interfaces
firewall module 2 vlan-group 2,500  <-- this attaches the Vlan groups to
the FWSM in slot 2
firewall vlan-group 2  2,254 <-- these are your groups and which Vlan's
are in each group.
firewall vlan-group 500  500,501

on the FWSM:

you will need to setup names like you do on the Pix

nameif vlan2  security100

setup
  passwords
  fixups
  access-lists
  nat / pat
  ip addresses
  statics
  routes

If you can setup a Pix it's not much different.

Scott

PS.  If you're trying to do WAN interfaces it gets complicated quick.
  Troubleshooting is a pain.