[c-nsp] "Sup32-3BXL"? [was: Re: recommended platform between Catalyst 3750 and 6500?]

Simon Leinen simon at limmat.switch.ch
Wed Mar 15 05:19:30 EST 2006

"Asbjorn Hojmark writes:
> The caveat with Sup32 is that it (only) has a PFC3B onboard, and
> that will 'only' let you install 256k routes in hardware (TCAM), no
> matter how much DRAM you give it. If you need more than that, you
> have to go to a Sup720 with PFC3BXL (1M routes).

I thought that it were possible to upgrade a Sup32 with a PFC3B-XL (or
maybe 3C-XL), but lately I have some doubts about this.  OK, so
(google, google...):

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps708/c1244/cdccont_0900aecd803e508c.pdf

says "Future option for PFC3BXL instead of PFC3B".  I guess this is
something to ask your Cisco account team about.
--
Simon.
(who still wonders why anybody would want to have >256k routes :-)