[c-nsp] Image in slot0: vs. flash after reload

Primoz Jeroncic jp at softnet.si
Wed Mar 15 10:01:33 EST 2006

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, John Neiberger wrote:

> I'd have to save the config for that to work. The problem with that is
> that the image that is running at the moment is missing some features
> that the startup config requires. If I add a boot variable and save,
> I'll lose all the commands related to those features.
>
> I still don't understand why the router booted to slot0: instead of
> flash. If that is standard behavior, then why was it running the image
> in flash before the reload?

I don't have any logical explanation to your second question except
it's not a bug its a feature :) But for your first part... you would
need to reload your box anyway. During that reload boot it to rommon
and boot it from there "boot flash:c3600....". After you have it up
with correct image, use "boot system flash..." and write config so
you avoid this problem next time.

Have fun,
Primoz Jeroncic
Support - IP Connectivity & Routing
Softnet d.o.o.  tel:  +386 1 562 31 40   |
Borovec 2       fax:  +386 1 562 18 55   |       1 + 1 = 3
1236 Trzin      primoz(at)softnet.si     | for larger values of 1
Slovenija       http://flea.softnet.si/