[c-nsp] non-sampled netflow on 6500

nick.nauwelaerts at thomson.com nick.nauwelaerts at thomson.com
Thu Mar 16 05:55:23 EST 2006

Hello,
I'm trying to get netflow going on a 6500 with sup720s (PFC3a) running
ios 12.2(18)SXF1.

I went through the document on
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/swcg/n
de.htm#wp1047637 and got it working, for a bit.

What I need is to know how much data and what kind goes over a vlan
interface, which pushes only 1000pck/s. What I don't want is the data of
all the rest that goes through the switch. So i configured "ip
route-cache flow" on the vlan interface, which already gives me MSFC
flow information. PFC flow information is more troublesome however.

My first thought was to place a filter on NDE, I got the subnets for
which I needed the information and then found out NDE only allows for 1
filter for source and destination, so that was a no go.

And now I'm kinda stuck. I don't want to swamp the collector nor switch
with exporting the complete mls table, and sampled netflow (which can be
done on an per-interface level) isn't accurate enough.

Any ideas on how to get non-sampled netflow for just 1 vlan interface on
a 6500?

Thanks.

// nick