[c-nsp] ISP customer DR Solutions

Mark Tohill Mark at u.tv
Fri Mar 17 05:41:30 EST 2006

Hi,

This may be inappropriate for the list but heres hoping.

Has any one thoughts/experience on Disaster Recovery for hosted/colo
customers of an ISP?

I mean from a routing/DNS perspective and what might be the best way to
go regarding reachability to an offsite resiliencey in a Cisco
environment. We have two PoP's connected via ATM. Considering a
requirement to offer DR to hosted customers in other PoP.

The only problem is that public addresses for customers have not got
dedicated subnets and are essentially host addresses in the middle of
infrastructure addresses :( We will not be able to advertise /32 BGP
announcements.

Has anyone an opinion?

Thanks,
Mark