[c-nsp] pix 525 cps, real world traffic rates?

Tom Sands tsands at rackspace.com
Fri Mar 17 12:12:59 EST 2006

   We have a number of 525's, and most of the throughput numbers are
pretty close (aggregate, cisco math).  We've been getting a total of
300+Mbps, with 50Mbps ingress, and 250Mbps egress.  We've never seen a
performance hit at these speeds with ACL's of up to a 100 lines.

   We do straight IPSEC from PIX's, butI don't think they support SSL or
Web VPNs.