[c-nsp] iBGP questions

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Sun Mar 19 11:56:44 EST 2006

Hi,
   I have a few questions on iBGP setup:

- Our current network is multihomed with a few upstream providers. Internally
we run a meshed iBGP session between our core network devices. In the core we
have two Catalyst switches that are trunked with each other (for VLAN
purpose). Do we need to run iBGP session between them too?

- Does iBGP influence incoming traffic path etc? We have a situation where
ping&trace to a certain destination from different devices (meshed iBGP) in
the same network producing different results latency wise (although the trace
path seems to be nearly the same). Any idea what is happening?

Thanks.

Regards,
Kanagaraj Krishna