[c-nsp] Possible memory corruption w/ 12.2(18)S11

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Mar 21 16:16:57 EST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 03:36:52PM -0500, Greg Boehnlein wrote:
> Yeah.. I just spoke to a customer this morning who has stopped calling his
> 12.3 load IOS and is now referring to it as "CrashOS" instead. ;)

Actually I can't second that.  We're running it on a number of access
routers (ATM VC termination, L2TP tunnel termination, similar stuff
- IPv4+IPv6, EIGRP, OSPFv3, very little BGP) and it is extremely
well-behaving

This is with 12.3(12a) on 7200s.

On our single 7500, we're still at 12.0S, and will decommission the
whole box "soon" (only VIP2's and RSP4s, and too expensive to get
it upgraded to "things with enough memory for IPv4+IPv6 full BGP").

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de