[c-nsp] Possible memory corruption w/ 12.2(18)S11

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Mar 21 17:35:54 EST 2006

Once upon a time, Rodney Dunn <rodunn at cisco.com> said:
> I have a customer on 12.0(27)S throttle with MLPPP and
> SSO. They have been running for a year or so with no issues
> at all and they use it heavily.
>
> Don't just give a train version give the release in a train.
> You could be running something 5 years old.

We were on an ancient version (12.0(25)S1) when we first experienced
trouble (right after configuring SSO).  TAC recommended 12.0(31)S1, and
we had the same result.  I think eventually TAC just closed the case.

The symptoms were weird: the two routers on the end of the MLPPP bundle
could not ping each other (numbered interface), but they could route
traffic through the link (I could sit on a server and ping both ends of
the interface as well as other devices on the far end).  The OSPF timer
would then kick in and the routes would be removed.  At that point, we
had to reload the router to get the interface back.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>