[c-nsp] Traffic Engineering Internet links automatically

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 06:33:25 EST 2006

On 3/27/06, Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 12:11:39PM +0200, Sami Joseph wrote:
> > What does ISPs do in this situation, do you guys just manually keep
> > moving/advertising networks between diff. peers ?
>
> We get bandwidth in sufficiently large chunks...

You mean that you have enough that you dont need to keep moving ?

(And in certain cases we move around traffic to/from certain remote ASes
> by prepending inbound and using communities/prepends outbound)

Well, in our case, we want to tailor it to do the maximum utilization
possible, so any few megabits is useful, i dont think that prepending and
communities are the way ?

Any known methods ?
Is OER used for this ?

gert