[c-nsp] Traffic Engineering Internet links automatically

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Mar 27 08:52:00 EST 2006

> On 3/27/06, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) < oboehmer at cisco.com> wrote:
>
>> 	BGP multi-path (e+iBGP) along with dmzlink-bw would do the trick
>> 	perform unequal cost load-sharing over those links, don't know
if
>> 	Juniper supports this or a similar feature for your upstream ISP
>> 	do the same on their end.
>> 	In which direction are your links filling up? Inbound, I guess?
>
> the problem is that its inbound yes, no problem in our outbound, i
> thought dmzlink-bw is only used for outbound

right, dmzlink-bw is only for outbound, so this is something which needs
to be implemented at the ISP.

If you can't get your ISP to coorperate on this, moving network
announcements around is the only option you have. We are working on OER
for this as well, so OER will automate this for you (don't know when
we'll ship this, though).

	oli