[c-nsp] High interrupt CPU load on Cat3750, caused by ACL?

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Mon Mar 27 10:25:10 EST 2006

Neither the 3550 or 3750 can support ACLs with a lot of L4 operations (TCP /
UDP ports or flags). I would try removing and reapplying the ACLs to see if
you get an error message in the log.

Also check that your not exceeding the unicast route limits for your current
SDM template. Both the number of unicast routes and ARP entries
are important. On the 3550 at least, each ARP entry uses one
unicast CEF entry (unicast route).
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_tech_note09186a00801e7bb9.shtml#topic4

I would also check the "show controllers cpu-interface" for a lot of
sw forwarding frames. I have seen both complicated ACLs and too many unicast
routes force all IP packets to be routed by the CPU.