[c-nsp] Traffic Engineering Internet links automatically

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Mon Mar 27 18:22:43 EST 2006

On 28/03/2006, at 12:35 AM, Pete Templin wrote:

> OK, I think we're down to the "wah" point.  Dedicate an engineer to the
> task, add more bandwidth, or deal.  I highly doubt you'll find any
> black
> magic that'll adjust inbound traffic well, today or tomorrow.

And if you do find one of those pretty "traffic engineering" boxes that
systematically announce and withdraw prefixes on your behalf - please
don't buy it!  It's bad enough having to carry peoples specifics that
are announced solely for TE purposes.  Having to constantly process
updates for those same prefixes is just plain anti-social.

David