[c-nsp] Password recovery for Catalyst 6500 (CatOS)

Affandi Indraji affandi.i at pacific.net.sg
Mon Mar 27 21:09:28 EST 2006

Hi all,

According to this website:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_password_reco
very09186a00801349aa.shtml

Password will not be activated in the first 30 second, so when we want to do
the password recovery, we just press enter and quickly change the password.

I tried this in the Cat 6509 but found a different result. When I press
enter, it didn't go to console (prompt) instead, it keep asking me the
password.

Is there anything change in the password recovery for Cat 6500 (I've done it
before but when I try it again, it showed a different result). FYI, i use
this version of CatOS = cat6000-sup2k9.7-6-12.bin

Cisco folks? any document in the cisco website regarding this matter?

Regards,
Affandi Indraji