[c-nsp] SXF4 (modular)

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Tue Mar 28 09:45:17 EST 2006

Oh, I see now.   So this one big file contains most of the base stuff
you need, and updates to a particular .proc should be available as a
separate download?  That makes sense.  Last night I tried opening up the
.bin as if it was a .mz or .tar IOS file, didn't have any luck.  Must be
a new packaging scheme.

Chuck

>	You actually need to install (unpackage) the image to get full
>modular support (ge: imagine patching the next PSIRT issue instead
>of a reload)

>	- jared

Router#install ?
  activate   Activate pending software changes
  clear      Remove installed software
  commit     Create a new tag
  copy       Copy installed software to a new destination
  file       Install new base software, updates, or patches
  move       Move installed software to a new destination
  prune      Prune a set of tags
  repackage  Repackage software
  rollback   Rollback to specified tag

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net