[c-nsp] SXF4 (modular)

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Mar 28 10:11:38 EST 2006

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 08:45:17AM -0600, Church, Chuck wrote:
> Oh, I see now.   So this one big file contains most of the base stuff
> you need, and updates to a particular .proc should be available as a
> separate download?  That makes sense.  Last night I tried opening up the
> .bin as if it was a .mz or .tar IOS file, didn't have any luck.  Must be
> a new packaging scheme.

	yup, the package is now -vz instead of -mz.

	I think the intent is to only release critical patches
such as PSIRT types of issues.  If there was some other major
software defect i'm guessing that might get patched as well, but
I know there is a lot of fear of having too many patches and how
to do testing of a giant patch set/suite.

	If they do anything aside from just PSIRT, i'm guessing
it would be incremental roll-up updates (eg: SXF4 -> SXF5)

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net