[c-nsp] 6500 Defects Anyone?

Michael Kaegler Michael.Kaegler at marist.edu
Tue Mar 28 14:03:10 EST 2006

At 5:05 PM -0700 3/25/06, Greg Schwimer wrote:
>I have to wonder if anyone else is having problems with the 6500 platform
>like I am.  Speak up if you are!

I have 13 6500s in production and one in the test lab for 4 years
now. We've had about one 6516-GBIC failure every 8-12 months
(population of probably 40) but that's all.
We did have one fan in a 6513's tray not spin up during power-on
about two weeks ago (moved it between buildings for DR), but it
worked fine after reseating the tray.
-porkchop

--
  Michael "Porkchop" Kaegler, Network Analyst, 845 575 3061
  Marist College,  3399 North Road,  Poughkeepsie, NY 12601

A man attempted to amuse an audience by spouting
his 10 favorite puns, but no pun in ten did.