[c-nsp] 6506, can I do routing with this hardware

james edwards lists.james.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 21:11:17 EST 2006

I have a customer with  a 6506, two WS-X6K-S1A-MSFC2's (Sup 1-A, 2GE, MSFC-2
& PFC, one WS-X6182-2PA (Flex Wan Mod), and one PA-T3. He is
looking at using the PA-T3/Flex Wan to route traffic between two colos, a
router would be on the other side. The 6506 would have no more than 100
prefixes learned via IGP or static. Ability to police, shape or match and
tag/drop packets is not required nor is any special queuing.

I gather this Sup does not do CEF, and is early. Do I have the hardware to
do this amount of routing in the configuration I mentioned above ?

james