[c-nsp] Remote Shell configuration commands

Palis Michalis security at cytanet.com.cy
Wed Mar 29 03:56:47 EST 2006

Hello all

Can  I send via remote shell (RSH) configuration commands to a cisco routers? I did configure rsh on a cisco router with the correct privilages but I can only send show commands. If I send configuration commands I gent a connection refuse message..

Here is my config

On the router

username test  privilege 15 nopassword

ip rcmd rsh-enable
ip rcmd remote-host test  192.168.2.1  test enable 15
ip rcmd source-interface Loopback0

On a unix (Working)

> rsh Cisco  -l test   show clock

connect to address 192.168.1.1 : Connection refused
Trying krb4 rsh...
connect to address 192.168.1.1 : Connection refused
trying normal rsh (/usr/bin/rsh)

11:48:14.268 EET Wed Mar 29 2006

>On a unix (NOT Working)
[mpalis at mrtg-new ~]$ rsh Cisco   -l test  config terminal\access-list 5 permit any any
connect to address 192.168.1.1 : Connection refused
Trying krb4 rsh...
connect to address 192.168.1.1: Connection refused
trying normal rsh (/usr/bin/rsh)
Permission denied.

Of course I am not sure about the syntax of the 2nd command but still I am getting a permition deny

Any suggestions?

Your help will be appreciated