[c-nsp] WCCP and Loopback Interface issue

Raymond Macharia rmacharia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 04:18:38 EST 2006

Hello all,

I am currently deploying a cache engine and was using a router that has the
loopback interface enabled (for BGP). Everytime I enable WCCP on this
router, it picks the loopback interface IP as the router identifier and
hence the cache engine tries to use this interface with obviuos results, the
cache engine does not complete the request and clients get timed out.
Is there a way I can get the router not to do this and instead pick the Fast
Ethernet IP address instead of the loop back interface IP

Thanks
--
Raymond