[c-nsp] Require Card supporting 8 Mbps pipe.

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Fri Mar 31 05:36:42 EST 2006

Under the Plesiochronous Digital Hierarchy (PDH) system, an E2 standard
existed, for transmission at 8Mbps, this was dropped when SDH became
mainstream , it could be this (an E2) that you are referring to ,
allthough unlikely in this day and age.

When we used to use them, we converted the signal and fed it into an
HSSI interface, using a PA-HSSI card in a 7200.

The conversion units where made by metrodata:

http://www.metrodata.co.uk/products/datasheets/fm4800_E2_X21_converter.htm
http://www.metrodata.co.uk/products/datasheets/fm4850_E2_G703_hssi_converter.htm

Dave.