[c-nsp] Cisco 1720 ADSL WIC not being detected

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Fri Mar 31 09:43:55 EST 2006

At 06:25 AM 3/31/2006, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>  I am trying to Install an ADSL WIC, on 1720 with an old image, as I
>read on Cisco.com, 1720 series routers need y7 series images to detect
>ADSL WIC cards, Now the problem I have got its router's flash memory is
>8 MB, IOS images for y7 series I have got all exceed 8 MB, is there some
>other way to get around this problem. ADSL card is installed on WIC 0.

You will need at least 16MB flash and 48MB DRAM to run a stable
working image on a 1720 which supports the WIC-1ADSL. 12.3 mainline
has been exceptionally stable for us and also supports PPPoE and
PPPoA if you need them.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin