[c-nsp] Does Cisco support Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules ? (draft-marques-idr-flow-spec-02.txt)

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon May 1 08:47:31 EDT 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 03:35:57PM +0300, Erdem Sener wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>  AFAIK, Cisco doesn't currently support this feature. Anyone with the
> knowledge with its roadmap? (in case I'm mistaken and is already
> supported, can you share which IOS version does?)

	My understanding is that they have their own protocol
they are working on, but i've not heard any clear details.

	My understanding is that the major detraction for them was they
didn't want to embed it into the existing BGP system.  The original reasoning
behind doing that was it was easy to leverage the existing bgp code as
the online "database" of information store on the filters.

	Even if cisco does their "own thing", i hope they publish
the spec for it so others can build tools or even a translator between
the two.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net