[c-nsp] Does Cisco support Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules ? (draft-marques-idr-flow-spec-02.txt)

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Mon May 1 22:18:08 EDT 2006

On 01/05/2006, at 10:47 PM, Jared Mauch wrote:

> 	My understanding is that they have their own protocol
> they are working on, but i've not heard any clear details.

I attended a presentation on flow-spec recently (given at NZ-NOG by a
Juniper guy) and the claim was that the spec was being supported and
co-developed by Juniper AND Cisco (and Arbor if memory serves me
correctly).  The basic idea that was presented was that the vendors
would interoperate at a base level (lowest common denominator).

David