[c-nsp] Rate limiting via radius

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Thu May 4 11:44:59 EDT 2006

We don't have that utility on the server... Just checked.....

The entry in the users file is:

xxxxxxxx   Auth-Type = System
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,
        Cisco-AVPair = "lcp:interface-config#1=rate-limit input 256000
7500 7500 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop",
        Cisco-AVPair = "lcp:interface-config#2=rate-limit output 512000
7500 7500 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop"

Maybe it's just something missing in the above entry? ;)

On the router side I can see this:

acs1-con-mb#sh interfaces vi945 configuration
Virtual-Access945 is a PPP over Ethernet link (sub)interface

Derived configuration : 275 bytes
!
interface Virtual-Access945
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 ip mroute-cache
 no logging event link-status
 no snmp trap link-status
 peer default ip address pool default
 ppp authentication pap Nexicom
 ppp authorization Nexicom
 ppp accounting Nexicom
 no clns route-cache
End

Thanks for any suggestions you may have...

Paul