[c-nsp] VTP Design Decisions

Michael Robson Michael.Robson at manchester.ac.uk
Fri May 5 07:59:41 EDT 2006

 I am trying to come up with a VTP design for a network with 11 core
routers and a handful of switches, but cannot see the obvious solution.
Do I have all routers and switches in the same domain? Do I have all
devices set as servers to make VLAN change propagation simpler or should
I have a couple of servers and everything else as clients? Are there
any major factors that people are aware of that might help steer me in
one particular direction; any issues pros/cons I am thus far aware of
seem to be no help in making a decision?

Ta,

Michael Robson.