[c-nsp] 1720 and WIC-1ENET

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Mon May 8 04:53:20 EDT 2006

At 11:03 PM 5/6/2006, Ed Ravin wrote:
>But I'm OK with 12.1(19), a WIC-1ENET in slot 0, and a T1 WIC in slot 1?
>That "more than one card installed" is a bit ambiguous, you're saying
>that they mean "more than one WIC-1ENET"?

Correct.

>On a related note, when I tell the customer to swap the WIC cards, will
>he lose the configuration for Serial0 (the T1 line) because it's now called
>Serial1 or Serial0/1 or something like that?

Yes. Just show the config first and renumber the interfaces. One way
to get around this is to make the new config and copy via tftp to
startup-config, then power off and swap the cards. If you plan and
execute it right, that can prevent a truck roll.

> > >The customer currently has 12.1(19).  I don't see 12.2(2)XJ on CCO -
> > >do I need to go to 12.2T or 12.3?  If so, I think that means a RAM
> > >upgrade since the poor little 1720 only has 24 MB of RAM...
> >
> > You should be able to run 12.3 base I think, but you should check on
> > CCO to be sure.
>
>No, he'll need 32 MB for that.  Fortunately, RAM is pretty cheap, looks
>like $35 or so on memoryX.net ...

If you are upgrading, then upgrade to 48MB (a 32MB module) so you can
run any image you may need.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin