[c-nsp] 1720 and WIC-1ENET

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Sat May 6 23:03:46 EDT 2006

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 08:39:32PM -0400, Robert Boyle wrote:
> At 08:29 PM 5/5/2006, Ed Ravin wrote:
> >Argh.  I've got a customer with a 1720 with a T1 WIC in slot 0.
> >By "more than one card installed" do they mean I can't have anything
> >in slot 1 if I've got a WIC-1ENET in slot0?  Or do they mean trying
> >to use two WIC-1ENET cards?
>
> You need to have 12.3(something) to support more than one WIC-1ENET
> per 1720. Prior to that, only one WIC-1ENET was supported at a time
> and it had to be in Slot 0.

But I'm OK with 12.1(19), a WIC-1ENET in slot 0, and a T1 WIC in slot 1?
That "more than one card installed" is a bit ambiguous, you're saying
that they mean "more than one WIC-1ENET"?

On a related note, when I tell the customer to swap the WIC cards, will
he lose the configuration for Serial0 (the T1 line) because it's now called
Serial1 or Serial0/1 or something like that?

> >The customer currently has 12.1(19).  I don't see 12.2(2)XJ on CCO -
> >do I need to go to 12.2T or 12.3?  If so, I think that means a RAM
> >upgrade since the poor little 1720 only has 24 MB of RAM...
>
> You should be able to run 12.3 base I think, but you should check on
> CCO to be sure.

No, he'll need 32 MB for that.  Fortunately, RAM is pretty cheap, looks
like $35 or so on memoryX.net ...